The Exped Ultra 7R is a 9cm thick sleeping mat containing 700 fill Down providing superb insulation from the winters cold ground. These mats have been scientifically proven to be 3 times warmer than a self-inflating foam mat of the same weight. Plus, another massive advantage of the Downmat is that it can be packed much quicker and takes up a lot less space in your pack, making it ideal for fast and light adventure racers, alpine climbers/mountaineers and minimalist backpackers. The Ultra 7R mat has a contoured profile which not only saves weight and space but also allows 2 of these mats to fit together - ideal if you're in a small space.
The mat is inflated using the Schnozzel Pumpbag UL, and not your own breath as this will be damp and impair the loft of the down. It is easily operated and fills the mat in a few minutes. The two wide valves ensure fast inflation and deflation, just one quarter turn closes and opens them.
Similar to a sleeping bag, baffles between the mat's chambers eliminate cold spots and promote a stable and supportive air cushion. Light foam blocks at the mat's ends prevent down from escaping or migrating between chambers. The laminated polyester fabric is both durable and airtight. The recycled 20 denier ripstop polyester is durable and lightweight althou care should be taken to look out for thorns before putting your mat down. Seams and valves are all high-frequency welded (most secure method of fusing fabrics and materials) to ensure mat durability and integrity.
Exped Ultra 7R Mummy Features
- 700FP Down fill
- Exped only uses IDFL-certified Down, specially treated to eliminate the effects of humidity that may reach the mat's interior
- Two low profile valves one for inflation and the other for deflation ensure ease of use
- Light foam blocks at the mat's ends prevent down from escaping or migrating between chambers
- Laminated polyester fabric is both durable, airtight and humidity resistant
- Contoured profile and ultralight construction
- 20D recycled polyester ripstop
- Minimal weight and pack size
- Includes Schnozzel Pumpbag UL
|Medium||183 x 52cm||9cm||27 x 12cm||7.1||-30°C||700 cu in Down||Schnozzel Pumpbag UL||480g|
|Long Wide||197 x 65cm||9cm||32 x 14cm||7.1||-30°C||700 cu in Down||Schnozzel Pumpbag UL||680g|
No Reviews Yet!