The Rab Womens Valiance Jacket is a waterproof down jacket designed to keep you warm and dry throughout the winter season, no matter what the weather throws at you. Constructed with a Pertex Shield outer that benefits from being DWR treated and with fully taped seams the down is fully protected from any snow, rain or moisture. The Pertex Quantum lining is comfortable and smooth which allows the jacket to easily slide on over other layers. 800 FP European Goose Down provides plenty of insulation and is contained in a bonded narrow baffle box wall construction. Thdown is Hydrophobic to provide better performance in damp conditions. This is achieved by washing in a Nikwax coating in the early stages of production.
Both the hood and cuffs are filled with Pyrotec synthetic insulation which preserves its insulating properties better than down when compressed or damp. The hood is helmet compatible and it features a wired peak for foul weather protection. The front zip is a YKK Vislon with an internal zip baffle preserving heat retention. Two YKK Aquaguard zipped hand warmer pockets and a YKK single internal zipped pocket are provided to keep your valuables safe and warm in. There's also drawcord adjustments at the hood and hem so you can easily cinch it up with gloves on to keep the draughts out. It also comes with its own stuff sack for easy packing and protective transportation.
Rab Womens Valiance Jacket Features
- Pertex Shield waterproof outer with DWR
- Fully taped seams
- Pertex Quantum lining
- 800 FP R.D.S. Certified European Goose Down (160g Size 12)
- Rab Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax
- Bonded narrow box wall construction
- Pyrotec synthetic insulation in helmet and cuffs
- Helmet compatible hood with wired peak
- YKK Vislon front zip with internal zip baffle
- 2 YKK Aquaguard zipped hand warmer pockets
- 1 YKK zipped internal security pocket
- Hook and loop adjustable cuffs
- Oversized drawcord adjustments at hem and hood
- Stuff sack included
Customer Reviews of Rab Womens Valiance Jacket
My favourite ever coat. Warm but really light too. I thought it might be a bit over the top for general wear in UK but not at all.