The Rab Kinetic Alpine 2.0 Jacket is a super light Waterproof jacket with the look, feel and stretch of a Softshell. This is made possible by Rab's Proflex waterproof fabric which is uniquely stretchy offering complete freedom of movement. The Kinetic Alpine jacket features a recycled polyester face fabric with higher denier stretch polyamide reinforcement. Ideal for the demands of Alpine climbing.
The Proflex waterproof fabric has also been DWR treated meaning that, as it also has taped seams, the Kinetic Alpine is waterproof jacket, but with the stretch and breathability of a softshell jacket. The soft Proflex fabric feels comfortable next to the skin, and its breathability of 35,000 MVTR means you do not get a clammy feeling as with other waterproof membranes. Proflex offers the stretch and freedom of movement of a softshell garment but with the reassurance that when the weather inevitably goes south, you aren't going to get soaked.
Climbing specific features on the Kinetic Alpine include harness/rucksack compatible A-line pockets and a helmet compatible hood with a laminated and stiffened peak. With a high gauge wicking lining it will provide a level of warmth as well as fast wicking.
Rab Kinetic Alpine Jacket Features
- Proflex DWR fabric
- Recycled Polyamide face fabric
- Superb freedom of movement
- Breathable PU membrane and taped seams
- High gauge wicking lining
- Helmet compatible hood with laminated and stiffened peak
- 1-way YKK AquaGuard Vislon front zip
- 2 YKK AquaGuard A-line pockets
- Hook and loop adjustable cuffs
- Stitch-free hem and cuffs for comfort