The Petzl Laser Speed Ice Screw has a fold down integrated flexible crank that ensures the screw can be placed quickly when you need it most. The smaller hanger also allows the Laser Speed to be placed in sculptured ice where a larger hanger may impede the screw from reaching it's maximum depth. And for ease of recognition of length the handles are colour coded.
Forged from specially selected steel that has been treated to minimize weight whilst increasing strength. The Laser speed has been redesigned for 2020 with a new tri toothed drill. This improves the initial bite of the ice screw reducing the effort required to get the screw going. An absolute lifesaver when you are feeling the pump on a long ice pitch or in emergency use on a glacier. Unfortunately the Tri-toothed design is not compatible with the Petzl Lim'Ice sharpener.
Petzl Laser Speed Ice Screw Features
- Integrated flexible crank providing an optimised lever for fast screw in
- Colour coded indicating length of the screw
- Tri-toothed drill for improved bite
- Steel treated to reduce weight and increase strength
- Easier sharpening with the drills sharpening reserve
- Steel tube and drill
- Smaller hanger to facilitate screwing into sculptured ice
- Certifications; CE, UIAA