The Mountain Equipment Kryos is the warmest bag in the Extreme Alpine Range. Expedition bags in all but for the critical weight. The very best 800+ fill power down and superb engineering combine to give a warm and high quality bag for high mountain use. The Kryos is your ideal companion for alpine winter mountaineering/climbing and backcountry ski trips.
The Drilite Loft Xero outer provides an essential barrier to the elements yet its still super lightweight, breathable and highly water resistant. It has a microporous water resistant coating protecting the Russian Goose Down from snow and rain, ensuring it maintains its loft at all times.
The bag has an Alpine fit that is slightly more tapered in the upper body/leg areas so it minimises weight and enhances thermal performance. The Kryos features trapezoid baffles throughout the main body which maximise the retention of down in position and also overlap to minimise heat loss. Ground level seams with a V-side baffle on the bag - as opposed to traditional side seams - mean that the top sheet wraps right over your body, increasing insulation.
The foot of the bag uses a six baffle trapezium shape to provide a good sized toe box without any dead spots in the insulation. Throughout the main body the lining utilises EXL elasticated stitching on the baffles to hug the bag close to your body, increasing thermal efficiency, loft and comfort. The hood is constructed of seven baffles to provide excellent insulation and has less deformation when contoured around/over the face. For ease of use in extreme conditions, the closure system utilizes Lode Lock that's single handed. To improve thermal efficiency the EXL collar has elasticated stitching, used in conjunction with the normal adjustment system, it wraps comfortably around the neck.
Mountain Equipment Kryos Features
- 90-10 800+ FP Russian Goose Down insulation
- 10D Drilite Loft Xero outer.
- 20D Ultrasoft and 10D Drilite Xero lining
- Alpine fit 2.0 with EXL system improves loft and maximises thermal efficiency
- Trapezoid baffles throughout
- Ground level side seams with V-side baffles
- 7 baffle low volume anatomically shaped hood
- 6 baffle anatomically shaped and offset foot-box
- Full length Gemini YKK5# Coil 2-way zip and integrated neck collar
- Drilite Loft Xero 10D inner foot-box and hood lining
- Waterproof roll-top stuff-sack and storage cube
- Good Nights Sleep Guaranteed -20°C
|Reg||-9°C||-16°C||-37°C||190cm||75cm||50cm||185cm||90-10 800+ Goose Down||743g||1150g||29 x 25 x 23cm|
|Long||-9°C||-16°C||-37°C||205cm||75cm||50cm||200cm||90-10 800+ Goose Down||752g||1365g||30 x 26 x 23cm|
Please note Extreme temperatures are at the point of danger to health.
No Reviews Yet!