The Mountain Equipment Aerostat Down 7 is one of the most thermally efficient mats providing the perfect combination of thermal efficiency and tactile comfort. At 7cm thick it contains 700 Fill Power Pure Duck Down providing superb insulation from the cold winter ground. These mats have been scientifically proven to be 3 times warmer than a self-inflating foam mat of the same weight. It packs away fast and is compact, saving space in your pack, making it ideal for fast and light adventure racers, alpine climbers/mountaineers and minimalist backpackers/bivviers.
The mat is inflated using the provided Windsock, this is done by blowing a small breath into the windsock, which fills it, and then rolling the sock to inflate the mat. The Windsock connects to the two-way Gas Mask valve giving easy inflation and fast deflation. The valves are clearly labelled IN and OUT ensuring you use the correct one and the Windsock doubles as a stuff sack for the mat.
It is constructed with vertically aligned baffles and internal foam plugs which eliminate cold spots and promote a stable and supportive air cushion. This is combined with Helix technology to reduce down migration and achieve a high R-value rating for its weight. The sturdy outer is a puncture resistant 30 denier ripstop nylon fabric with TPU lamination making the mat durable and airtight yet still lightweight and packable.
Mountain Equipment Aerostat Down 7 Features
- 120g of 90-10 Pure Duck Down FP 700
- Down Codex - approved, audited and traceable sources ensuring animal welfare
- Helix technology vertically alligned baffles
- 30D ripstop nylon with TPU lamination
- 2-way self-sealing Gas Mask valve for inflation / deflation
- Windsock doubles as a lightweight stuff sack
- Supplied with a repair kit
- Good Night's Sleep Guaranteed -40°C