The Black Diamond HotWire Quickdraw Set is a great value quickdraw which doesn't compromise on performance. The technologies involved in the HotWire may not be as advanced as the Oz or Hoodwire but that doesn't mean they don't do the job. The Hotwire carabiners are light and easy to clip whilst the dogbone sling with integrated straitjacket ensures that your rope crab always lies flat, reducing the risk of back clipping or lifting out your gear.
For all-round UK use the 18cm HotWire is pretty much the ideal basic quickdraw. Long enough to form the core of your trad rack (though we'd recommend a couple of 30cm draws to supplement them) and with a stiff, chunky tape which is great for the wall and for sport climbing. Those who only clip bolts will be equally happy with the 12cm version.
Black Diamond HotWire Quickdraw Features:
- Hotwire wiregates on top and bottom
- Durable, easy-to-grab 18mm nylon dogbone
- Dual wiregates eliminate gate flutter and won't freeze up
- Straitjacket insert keeps the bottom carabiner properly oriented
- Coloured bottom carabiners present an obvious visual target while climbing
|24kN||8kN||8kN||27mm||12cm - 94g
16cm - 99g