The Petzl Pandion is a lightweight basic harness that is ideal for glacial travel, ski-touring and lightweight mountaineering. This tough and durable harness is also ideal for group use whether at a climbing wall or out on the crag.
For simplicity the Panidon has a single durable tie in point. A large waist buckle allows easy adjustment when wearing gloves and all the buckles come completely undone allowing the harness to be put on whilst wearing skis or crampons. The single gear loop is ideal for carrying a crevasse rescue kit or carabiners.
For group use the Pandion is avliable with one colour coded leg. This offers the instructor a visual aid when inspecting clients harness to ensure that it is fitted the correct way round.
Petzl Pandion Features
- Adjustable leg loops allow size to be adjusted and permit the harness to be put on when wearing skis or crampons
- DoubleBack buckles are pre-threaded and adjust quickly with a single pull
- Single Dyneema-reinforced tie-in point for increased durability
- Flexible equipment loop
- Detachable elastic leg loop straps
- Leg loops and waistbelt are colour coded to facilitate donning
- CE, EN 12277 type C, UIAA 105
- Black or Black / Indicator
- One size
Customer Reviews of Petzl Pandion
It is easy and safe to put on requiring no doubling back at the buckle. It is very adjustable a good thing if you have lots of clothes on or if you want a harness to lend to friends.
The material is generally tough and has withstood many scrapes down canyons. The tie in loop is obvious and well sized, however, it quickly superficially wears.
The single gear loop is good and more can easily be added if need be as the harness comes apart at all the buckles.
The harness is reasonably comfortable to dangle from and fine to walk and climb in.
Overall a good harness- nice and simple.