The Black Diamond Jivewire is a lightweight plastic accessory crab. This is ideal for attaching more or less anything to anything and is ideal for hikers, skiers and mountaineers. It makes a great part of a bodge-it kit for running repairs.
Available in two sizes and a variety of colours. Owing to it's plastic construction the Jivewire is somewhat less robust than a metal accessory crab and so is better suited to lighter loads.
Black Diamond JiveWire Accessory Crab Features
- Ideal for key chains, dog leashes or low-load usage
- Available in two sizes in a variety of colors
Please note that this is an accessory crab and is NOT FOR CLIMBING or PPE use!
- they don't look cheap, it's silly owning top-quality kit then putting a 99p eBay keyring 'crab on it that'll break next week
- the gates are simple and well engineered so they won't break
- the body is plastic so they don't stick to your flesh in the cold
- useful for carrying keys on your belt, or inside your pack if you don't have a key-clip in yours
- stick one on the outside of your pack so you can clip stuff to it when faffing about in high winds, so your gloves/ touring skin bag/ etc doesn't blow away, or off the mountain (potential life saver)