The Mountain Equipment Tupilak 30 is a 30 litre weather resistant alpine climbing pack suitable for the most minimalist of climbers or for more accessible routes, it is extremely versatile and is suitable for any mountain mission.
It is constructed from PACT fabric, which is a densely woven high tenacity double rip-stop nylon, making it super robust yet still incredibly lightweight. The main body of the pack uses the strongest version of this fabric, offering high abrasion and puncture resistance. The base is reinforced providing structure and durability. A lighter version of PACT is used in the upper body, cowl and the internal roll-top closure. All of the PACT fabric is DWR finished for water/snow shedding performance and has an air and water impermeable TPU internal coating. This results with the outer of the Tupilak being durable, lightweight, and able to keep the contents fully protected from the elements.
The Tupilak features an hour glass shape to maximise load stability and packability. The main body of the pack is slightly tapered at its core and is more streamlined to assist with mobility. Lightweight, supportive and comfortable high density EVA foam is used in the back panel for excellent torsional stability and flex control, in the shoulder strap for a contoured fit and in the hip-fins, to assist in distributing weight and to enhance comfort when load carrying.
The pack is sealed by an integrated cowl-lid closure with the addition of a single securing Grappler buckle which is easily opened and closed with one hand, with or without gloves on. An internal weather-proof cowl creates a seal from the elements and can be used as a divider for wet kit to be carried on top and if not required can be tucked inside the pack. A very handy internal floating pocket is accessible from both inside and outside the pack making it ideal for storing readily needed items such as headtorch, gloves, maps, etc. The dual ice axe head toggles are custom developed and the fared fins are designed so that they will fit a wide range of ice tools. All the straps on the pack can be removed no save weight.
Mountain Equipment Tupilak 30 Features
- PACT 300 high tenacity 6.6 yarn, double RS Nylon in the main body
- PACT 300 double layered in base and high wear areas
- PACT 100 in the upper body, cowl and internal roll top closure
- DWR outer and 25 micron TPU internally treated PACT
- Uncoated PACT 100 internal lining
- Integrated cowl-lid closure with Grappler buckle
- Internal weather-proof cowl
- Floating internal pocket with dual access
- Removable high density 7mm EVA back panel
- High density 5mm EVA contoured shoulder straps
- 40mm webbing hipbelt with removable high density 5mm EVA hip fins
- Dual axe toggles with integrated pick pocket
- Sternum strap
- Attachmnet points for side compression straps
- Front and rear haul loops
- External shockcord and daisychain system
- 730g stripped weight 520g
- Back length: