The Mammut Alugator Light is a lightweight all metal shovel with a telescopic shaft. The Alugator Light has a hardened and anodized aluminium blade for good digging performance in hard snow debris. The blade has stabilization ribs, which keep the snow on the blade until you chuck it off, rather than it sliding off as soon as you move the shovel sideways. The Alugator Light also features a T grip at the end of the shaft and attachment holes for snow anchors.
At 475g, the Alugator Light is a very good weight for a metal shovel with a decent sized blade. A good choice of avalanche shovel for most people.
Mammut Alugator Light Features
- Certification: UIAA 156 avalanche shovel standard
- Hardened anodized aluminium blade
- Oval telescopic shaft
- Automatic zipper locking for easy assembly
- Ergonomic T grip
- Stabilization ribs
- Space saving designed blade with straight back
- Attachment holes for snow anchor
- collapsed 54cm, extended 75cm