The Big Agnes Blacktail range of tents are great value backpacking tents that are light enough for multi day back packing trips and strong enough for 2 season camping in the UK. They have a range of great features to improve day in day out livability under canvas. There are two doors so two ocupants can enter and exit the tent without having to climb over each other.
The Blacktail is really easy and quick to pitch. It pitches inner or outer first, with the inner being suspended from a pole configuration that provides you with maximum interior space and two large vestibules for storage. For those looking for a superlight bivi shelter then the Blacktail can be pitched fly only with a groundsheet. The internal space features plenty of pockets for phone or other small item storage.
The inner tent of the Blacktail is mesh and solid panels which give reasonable warmth, good ventilation and privacy. The groundsheet has a 1500mm hydrostatic head which is enough for damp conditions. The fly has the same hydrostatic head rating with taped seams giving it a superb waterproof performance in poor weather.
Big Agnes Blacktail 3 Features
- Fly 1500mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Floor 1500mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Features two doors and two vestibules Storm flaps on vestibule zipper
- Symmetrical pole structure with pre-bent poles for increased head space
- 4 interior mesh pockets, 2 media pockets & 8 lightweight aluminum hook stakes
- Two fly vents for increased air flow and reduced condensation
- Low Vent feature on the vestibule doors for more air flow while still providing vestibule coverage
- Multiple interior loops for attaching gear lofts, accessories
- Compression stuff sack with pull handle
|Floor Area||Floor Dimensions||Vestibule Area||Interior Height||Packed Size||Packed Weight|
|4.1 sq. m||178cm x 229cm||0.8 sq. m||112cm||56 x 18cm||2.58 kg|