The Montane Terra Pant is a tough mountaineering pant in Montane's own Tactel fabric. Cut for climbing the Terra pants offer excellent freedom of movement thanks to their articulated knees and tailored waist.
The Tactel fabric has a cotton-soft feel and is reinforced with Cordura on the ankle, knees and seat. This makes for an ideal alpine pant or a great choice for rock climbing and scrambling. They feature two zipped pockets, ideal for stashing a camera or topo whilst on a route and a security pocket, for travelling in less salubrious areas. There are also two zipped thigh vents, ideal for sweaty walk-ins to winter and alpine routes.
Montane Terra Pant Features
- Tactel fabric
- Cordura reinforcement patches on seat, knees and inner ankles
- Twin needle sewn seams for extra durability
- Articulated knees
- Tailored waist
- Zipped fly and webbing belt with low profile buckle
- 2 zipped hand pockets
- Zipped pull out security pocket
- 2 mesh lined thigh vents
- Quarter length side zips
- Press stud ankle adjustment
- UPF 40+ protection
- Graphite or Baltic Blue
Montane Men's Trousers
Your Body Measurements in Inches:
Customer Reviews of Montane Terra Pant (Summer 19)
Extremely lightweight and comfortable whilst still remaining warm (we were climbing in temperatures from 0-5C). The side vents are very handy too.I wear a lot of Montane gear, but this was my first pair of the Terra pants. I'll be buying them again. No complaints at all.
I bought these trousers for a trip to New Zealand and have since used them for shore excursions when kayaking around St Kilda and for 'after' mountain biking bivouacs and backpacking trips. They have a lot of storage, are very light in weight but very tough and windproof and can be quite low key (depending on colour choice) although the montane badge can be quite noticeable on the black ones. Be careful with sizing. I am usually a pretty standard large in Rab, Mountain Equipment and other products but have to order the 'long' fitting with Montane (they come in 3 lengths). Once I had the sizing right I ordered a second pair, which tells you how well I rate them. The only slight niggles I have are:
1. The vent zips can occasionally open by themselves if your pockets are overloaded. The mesh behind the vents is very open weave so be careful how you shock the passenger next to you on long haul flights when they catch a glimpse of your thighs!! I didn't think I would use them, but do on occasion.
2. Personally I find the inner security pocket a waste of time and it can 'hang out' of the main pocket if you're not careful.Other than that a pretty well perfect summer trouser.