The Care Plus Tick Out is an essential addition to any First Aid kit when travelling in areas where Lyme disease is prevalent, increasingly so in the UK. Easily used it firmly grips the tick or a nymph minimising damage and reducing the risk of leaving claws or pincers in the bite area. The Tick Out includes a clear set of instructions.
Once the tick has been removed the bite area can be disinfected with an alcohol pad, but these should not be used until the tick has been removed.
Care Plus Tick Out Features
- Specially developed grip (fits all ticks)
- Includes two antiseptic dabs
- Clear Instructions
Customer Reviews of Care Plus Tick Out
Does not work on small ticks. Gave up after 10 minutes of trying.
Since getting a dog a few years ago, I have worked my way through pretty much every tick remover on the market. This one is probably the worst of them all, because of the following:
- It doesn't work on very small ticks, and if you are like me, you want to remove the tick as soon as possible, not wait for it to grow.
- It is useless in fur, so totally worthless on dogs (who get the most ticks).
- It is poorly designed as it pretty much squishes the tick. Squeezing is bad, you don't want the tick to leave its guts and diseases in your bite.
Forget this one, get one of those that look like a mini crowbar instead. Or get a pair of decent tweezers, not the best tool but far better than this.
Excellent and lightweight little product - must have insurance for the hiker.I bought one of these a few months back and only (unfortunately) had cause to use it recently on a trip in the Highlands.It did the job really well - despite being lightweight and made of plastic, the grip is powerful and really effective in removing the tick.The light weight of the tool makes it ideal and it now has a permanent place in my first aid kit - there are others on the market which I did look at and handle, but I'm really pleased with this one and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.