The Black Diamond ReVolt is a powerful torch that can run off either standard AAA Alkaline batteries or the 3 included NiMH Rechargeable Batteries which can be charged whilst still in the torch via the USB cable (included). The ability for the ReVolt to also run on standard batteries ensures that you always have a backup when power supplies are limited.
The ReVolt has two main light sources, the bright triple power LED can throw its 300 Lumen beam for a maximum of 80m, making this a great choice for the mountaineer or runner. The one double power LED is perfect for close proximity work around camp and in the tent and ensure that the battery life is preserved. Programmable Brightness Memory gives you the option to set your desired brightness when the torch is first turned on. A double power red LED provides good proximity lighting without compromising your night vision.
The ReVolt has a three-level power meter allowing you to preserve battery life when you're out for longer periods. The easy to use lock mode ensures the torch can't be turned on by accident when it's in your pack.
Black Diamond ReVolt Features
- 1 TriplePower LED, 1 DoublePower white LEDs and 1 DoublePower red LEDs emit up to 300 lumens (max setting using alkaline batteries)
- Settings include full strength in proximity and distance modes, dimming, strobe, red night vision and lockout
- Sleek, low profile design uses 3 Black Diamond NiMH AAA Rechargeable Batteries or standard alkaline or lithium batteries
- Rechargeable NiMH and USB charging cable included
- Programmable Brightness Memory
- Red night vision mode has proximity and strobe settings, and activates without cycling through the white mode
- 3 level power meter shows remaining battery life for 3 seconds after switching on headlamp
- PowerTap Technology
- Protected against water immersion (IPX 8)
|Alkaline Batteries||NiMH Batteries|
- Black or Octane
Customer Reviews of Black Diamond Revolt
I use this mainly for cycling on well-surfaced, but not lit, tracks. However I'll probably also use it occasionally for camping and climbing trips, for which the controllable dimming function is useful. Rechargeable batteries very convenient and reduce waste. The beam is powerful and well-focussed and easily adequate for commuter cycling (not quite good enough for nighttime MTB routes though).