The Rab Womens Electron Jacket is a midweight down jacket designed for mixed use in cold conditions. Rab have used a Midi-baffle throughout the torso, back and hood whilse the sides and arms feature narrower mini-baffles, varying the baffle size reduces bulk in key areas and helps eliminate soft spots. The baffles are filled with 800 FP European goose down, providing a high level of insulation to weight. Hydrophobic down is used to provide better performance in damp conditions. This is achieved by washing in a Nikwax coating in the early stages of production. This down is NOT waterproof, but will retain its loft for longer if it gets damp, and will dry faster. The down is then further protected by a Pertex Quantum Pro outer, this is the most robust of the Pertex family of lightweight fabrics and it has a water resistant DWR coating.
The helmet compatible hood features a wired peak that provides excellent protection and when the drawcords are tightened, it will move with your head so your vision is never impaired. To assist with retaining heat the jacket has a full length YKK flat Vislon zip with a down insulated baffle and is further sealed with elasticated cuffs along with an elastic drawcord at the hem. It also comes supplied with it's own stuff sack for ease of packing and protective transportation.
Rab Womens Electron Jacket Features
- Pertex Quantum Pro outer with DWR
- Pertex Quantum lining
- 800 FP R.D.S. Certified European Goose Down (170g Size 12)
- Rab fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax
- Stitch through midi-baffles - torso, back, hood
- Stitch through mini-baffles - sides and arms
- Helmet compatible hood with wired peak
- YKK flat Vislon zip with insulated zip baffle
- 2 YKK flat zipped hand-warmer pockets
- 1 YKK zipped internal pocket
- Elasticated stretch woven cuff
- Hem drawcord
- Stuff sack