The Infinity G Jacket follows the success of Rab's Zero G Jacket and takes the concept of ultra lightweight insulation and turns it into a much bigger item for use as an outer layer in much cooler conditions. It is constructed from ultra thin Pertex Quantum GL outer fabric that benefits from a DWR coating and has 850 FP European Goose Down insulation with a stitch through construction.
The down in the Infinity G has also been treated so it is Hydrophobic. This is used to provide better performance in damp conditions. This is achieved by washing the down in a Nikwax coating in the early stages of production. This down is NOT waterproof, but will retain its loft for longer if it gets damp, and will dry faster.
The Infinity G features a helmet compatible hood that has a stretch binding to ensure it stays close to your head/helmet along with a peak and a hook/loop rear adjustment. The main YKK front zip is two-way along with an insulated baffle and chin guard for enabling excellent heat retention. A semi-elasticated hem can be drawn in to stop draughts from below and the elasticated stretch woven cuffs will prevent cold air from entering the sleeves. There are two zipped hand warmer pockets, along with a single zipped internal pocket to keep items safe and warm in. It also comes supplied with it's own Quantum GL stuffsac for ultralight packing and protective transportation.
Though not quite in the same 'ultimate lightweight' league as the Zero G it's worth noting that the Infinity G is still made from very lightweight materials (7 denier outer fabric) which means it's not an ideal choice as a do-it-all or casual wear jacket. It is, however an ideal jacket for expeditions and adventures in cold climes.
Rab Infinity G Jacket Features
- 7D Pertex Quantum GL outer fabric with DWR
- 100% Nylon inner
- 850 FP R.D.S. Certified European Goose Down (240g Size Large)
- Rab fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax
- Stitch through construction
- Helmet compatible hood with stretch binding, peak and hook and loop back adjustment
- YKK 2-way opening front zip with insulated zip baffle and chin guard
- 2 zipped hand warmer pockets
- 1 zipped internal security pocket
- Hem drawcord
- Elasticated woven cuffs
- Quantum GL stuffsack included