The Patagonia Grade VII Down Parka is an innovative, winter loving, box wall constructed down jacket. It is ideally suited to extremely cold places as an expedition, high mountain belay and bivvy jacket where it will maintain comfort when the outside temperature is far from it.
Constructed on the front of the jacket is a lightweight yet still durable, windproof Nylon Ripstop outer with glue baffled construction on the arms, shoulders and chest with a DWR treatment to maximise wet weather protection. On the sides and the back of the jacket the outer is a slightly harder wearing Nylon Ripstop that also benefits from a DWR treatment. The Nylon Ripstop Pertex Quantum lining of the jacket will glide easily over layers and once again is DWR treated. An elasticised stitch on the liners side panels pulls the jacket into the body keeping you fully insulated with the 800 Fill Power Advanced Global Traceable Goose Down. This is contained in box walled baffles throughout and with a deferentially cut shell and liner to keep the down lofted and eliminate cold spots.
The Parka features an Alpine helmet compatible baffled hood with a single-pull drawcord and a high-loft draft collar around the neck. The main Vislon zip is two-way and is backed with dual draft tubes on either side of the zip to maximise heat retention. On the outside of the jacket two large chest pockets feature zip garages and the two large hand pockets have stiffened welts for gaining easy access. To retain warmth when the pockets are open, all the pockets have down insulation on both sides of the pocket bag. Inside the torso area there are two stretch mesh lined pockets, ideal for pre warming your hat and gloves in, and the right one doubles up as a stuff sack. The cuffs are elastic and this also allows the sleeves to be easily pushed up or pulled down. The hem draw cord routes through a mini snowskirt can be adjusted inside the parka or inside the interior pocket to avoid annoying hanging drawcord loops.
Patagonia Grade VII Down Parka Features
- 15D Nylon outer with DWR on front
- 20D Nylon RS with DWR on sides and back
- Nylon RS Pertex Quantum lining
- Lining and outer fabrics 100% Nylon
- 800 FP Advanced Global Traceable Goose Down
- Alpine helmet compatible and baffled hood
- Single-pull drawcord and a high-loft draft collar
- 2-way Vislon zip with meeting draft tubes on both sides
- 2 external Vislon zipped chest pockets
- 2 external Vislon zipped hand warmwer pockets with stiffened welts
- 2 internal front torso stretch mesh pockets
- Right internal pocket integrated stuff sack
- Elastic cuffs
- Single draw cord adjustment inside parka and hand warmer pocket