The Ortovox Beast is an aggressive hardened aluminium shovel designed to move snow quickly and efficiently. The blade has high side walls to hold snow and a robust centre ridge for excellent rigidity. The edge is sharpened to allow you to cut through hard snow with non slip ridges for safety and ease when shovelling hard. The T handle is suitable for left and right handers and the telescopic oval shaft has a rubber coating on the lower section for power.
Ortovox Beast Features
- Telescopic shaft
- Sharp, protected edge
- Pack-friendly blade
- High sidewalls and pronounced center ridge
- Non-slip step grooves
- Rubberized grip zone
- Hybrid grip
- Oval handle cross section
- 28 x 21 x 4cm
Customer Reviews of Ortovox Beast
Great value shovel.Never had to use it in a real scenario but has been excellent in avi drills.Quick to assemble, nice long handle and much larger & stronger blade than others of the same price, which is very important for moving large amounts of snow - check your bag dimensions before buying though.Not a huge fan of the T-grip; a D-grip like Ortovox's Kodiak model is more user friendly I think.
Bought this as part of a deal with transceiver and probe. I have found no faults in its use at all. Easy to put together, always clips in, even when covered in snow and ice. Nice colours too.
- Strong, I dug pits, blocks, kickers and my car out all last season, and haven't damaged it at all.
- Shoulders on the shovel for foot stamp, this can be vital when getting through solid snow to a victim.
- It's big too, so can therefore shift big snow fast, if your victim is 1m under then you will probably have to move 2 tonnes of snow. Hence very important.
- Doesn't fit easily and nicely into a bag
- Doesn't fit a probe in the handle
- Not the lightest (but strong and large, so better in my opinion)
A great buy.