The Mountain Equipment Glacier Range offers all-round performance and protection from the elements. These bags are close to the temperature scale of the Extreme Expedition Range and although cheaper they are slightly heavier. The Glacier Expedition is ideally suited for Polar expeditions and nights where you're going to be sleeping on ice.
The Drilite Loft II outer is lightweight, breathable and water resistant, protecting the 700+ Pure Duck Down insulation. The construction combines horizontally running trapezoid baffles throughout the top half of the main body with slanted-box wall baffles on the base of the bag. This strikes a balance between down control, weight and versatility. Expedition fit ensures space for either additional layers to be worn or boots/clothes to be stored inside the bag, this extra space also adds comfort.
For ease of use in extreme conditions, the bag features a single handed Lode Lock closure with quick release. This essentially is two internal captivated magnets which automatically pull together and then lock into place. This prevents the bag from accidentally opening during your nights sleep. The Gemini zip baffle system replaces bulky twin draft tubes used traditionally on cold weather bags by the baffle being incorporated in the sidewalls of the bag. This new construction is light, low bulk, efficient and protective. In addition, the bag also features an integrated and fully adjustable down filled neck collar. All these features contribute to retaining essential warmth whilst you are sleep.
Mountain Equipment Glacier Expedition Features
- 90-10 700+ Pure Duck Down insulation
- Drilite Loft II PU coated with a 1500 hydrostatic head outer fabric.
- Supersoft 30D durable, breathable and soft to hand lining
- Expedition fit has space for either additional layers to be worn and internal boots/clothes storage.
- Trapezoid baffles and slanted box-wall baffles
- Mid-level side seams maximises heat retention
- 5 baffle anatomically shaped hood low weight and excellent insulation with dual tether draw cords
- 6 baffle anatomically shaped offset foot-box maximises thermal efficiency
- Full length Gemini YKK#5 Coil 2-way zip and integrated collar with Lode Lock closure
- Waterproof roll-top stuff-sack and storage cube
- Good Nights Sleep Guaranteed -35°C
|Reg||204cm||80cm||50cm||185cm||90-10 700+ Duck Down||1352g||2020g||34 x 29 x 25cm|
|XL||219cm||80cm||50cm||200cm||90-10 700+ Duck Down||1420g||2100g||35 x 30 x 25cm|
Please note: For use in extreme conditions below -18°C these bags are outside the scope of the EN13537 comfort, comfort limit and extreme temperature test.