The Mountain Equipment Tupilak 45 is a 45 litre weather resistant climbing pack ideally suited for alpine and winter climbing but is versatile to be suitable for longer trips in the mountains whatever the objective.
Constructed from PACT fabric; a densely woven high tenacity double rip-stop nylon that is super robust yet still incredibly lightweight. The main body of the pack uses the strongest version of this fabric, offering high abrasion and puncture resistance. The base is reinforced to provide structure and durability. A lighter version of PACT is used in the upper body, cowl and the internal roll-top closure. All of the PACT fabric is DWR finished for water/snow shedding performance and has an air and water impermeable TPU internal coating. This results in the outer of the Tupilak being durable, lightweight, and keeping the contents fully protected from the elements.
The Tupilak features an hour glass shape to maximise load stability and packability. The main body of the pack is slightly tapered at its core and is more streamlined, this assists with mobility. Lightweight, supportive and comfortable high density EVA foam is used throughout; in the back panel, providing excellent torsional stability and flex control, in the shoulder straps, providing a contoured fit which will not mis-shape over time and in the hip-fins, to assist with distributing weight and enhancing the load carrying comfort.
The pack is sealed by an integrated cowl-lid closure with the addition of a single securing Grappler buckle. This is easily opened and closed with one hand and with gloves on. An internal weather-proof cowl creates a seal from the elements and can be used as a divider for wet kit to be carried on top and if not required, it can be tucked inside the pack. A very handy internal floating pocket is accessible from both inside and outside the pack making it ideal for storing readily needed items such as headtorch, gloves, maps, etc. The dual ice axe head toggles are custom developed, lightweight yet strong and are fully removable. The faired fins are designed so that they will fit a wide range of ice tools and integrated pockets protect the axes picks. All the straps on the pack can be removed to save weight and they are also available a spare parts should they become worn or damaged.
The Mountain Equipment Tupilak 45 can cope with everything that could be thrown at it as its designed to accommodate climbing kit, additional layers and your bivi kit.
Mountain Equipment Tupilak 45 Features
- PACT 300 high tenacity 6.6 yarn, double RS Nylon in the main body
- PACT 300 double layered in base and high wear areas
- PACT 100 in the upper body, cowl and internal roll top closure
- DWR outer and 25 micron TPU internally treated PACT
- Uncoated PACT 100 internal lining
- Integrated cowl-lid closure and Grappler buckle
- Internal weather-proof cowl
- Floating internal pocket with dual access
- Removable high density 7mm EVA back panel
- High density 5mm EVA contoured shoulder straps
- 40mm webbing hipbelt with removable high density 5mm EVA hip fins
- Dual axe toggles with integrated pick pocket
- Sternum strap
- Side compression straps with aliminium Hammerhead toggles
- Front and rear haul loops
- External shockcord and daisychain system
- 815g stripped weight 600g
- Back length:
- Magma or Graphite