The Mountain Equipment Extreme Expedition Range of sleeping bags are designed to withstand the very coldest of conditions. The very best 800+ fill power down and superb engineering combine to give a very warm and high quality bag for serious use. The Redline is ME's warmest bag in this range and therefore is ideally suited for Polar expeditions and high altitude winter mountaineering - situations where you're relying on your bag to keep you alive.
The Gore Thermium outer provides an essential barrier to the elements yet its still light and breathable. It consists of two layers that are a ten denier face fabric combined with a PTFE membrane. This combination protects the Russian Goose Down from snow melt/fall and from the effects of condensation, ensuring it maintains its loft at all times. Expedition fit ensures space for either additional layers to be worn or boots/clothes to be stored inside the bag, this extra space also adds comfort.
The Redline features a combination of trapezoid and V shaped baffles which maximise the retention of down in position and overlap to minimise heat loss. Ground level seams with a V-side baffle on the bag - as opposed to traditional side seams - mean that the top sheet wraps right over your body, increasing insulation. The foot of the bag uses a six baffle trapezium shape to provide a good sized toe box without any dead spots in the insulation. The top lining utilises EXL elasticated stitching on the internal baffles to hug the bag close to your body, increasing thermal efficiency, loft and comfort.
The hood is constructed of seven baffles to provide excellent insulation and has less deformation when contoured around/over the face. For ease of use in extreme conditions, the bag features a single handed Lode Lock closure with quick release. This essentially is two internal captivated magnets which automatically pull together and then lock into place, preventing the bag from accidentally opening during the night. The Gemini zip baffle system replaces bulky twin draft tubes used traditionally on cold weather bags by the baffle being incorporated in the sidewalls. This new construction is light, low bulk, efficient and protective. In addition, the bag also features an integrated and fully adjustable down filled neck collar. All these features contribute to retaining essential warmth whilst you are asleep.
Mountain Equipment Redline Features
- 90-10 800+ FP Russian Goose Down insulation
- 10D Gore Thermium outer with PTFE membrane
- 20D Ultrasoft and 20D Gore Thermium lining
- Expedition fit with EXL system space for additional layers to be worn or clothes/boot storage inside
- V chest and foot baffles
- Trapezoid main body baffles
- Ground level side seams with V-side baffles
- 7 baffle low volume anatomically shaped hood
- 6 baffle anatomically shaped offset foot-box
- Full length Gemini YKK#5 Coil 2-way zip and integrated neck collar with Lode Lock closure
- Inner pocket for keeping essentials warm and dry
- Gore Thermium 10D inner foot-box and hood lining
- Waterproof roll-top stuff-sack and storage cube
- Good Nights Sleep Guaranteed -45°C
Customer Reviews of Mountain Equipment Redline (Summer 19)
No reviews yet.