Lightweight Carbon 300 Bar / 4350 psi cartridge filled with Nitrogen for use with Mammut 3.0 and Mammut/Snowpulse 2.0 (Winter 11/12) avalanche air bags.
Although called the Carbon Non Refillable Cartridge, what this means is that only Mammut can refill them, not the user. The empty cartridge needs to be exchanged in shop with a Mammut Dealer or by post with us. Please see Carbon Cartridge Refill.
Shipping and travelling with compressed gas is restricted. As airbags become more common the airlines with ski routes are getting more used to dealing with them. Please read our Guide to Sending and Flying with Canisters.
This cartridge is not for use with the original Snowpulse system (Pre Winter 11) or the ABS packs. Although it will fit onto an ABS pack, the activation method is different and your bag may not inflate properly.
Write A Review. We'd love to get your feedback.
I use a Mammut/ Snowpulse airbag sac for both resort based backcountry and week long hut to hut tours. For the latter, weight really is critical and a saving of 200g is well worth the extra outlay, in my view. There is little else to say about the cylinder itself. However, having been caught in an avalanche last year and deployed the bag. All I can say is: I found the bag easy to deploy, it worked, I survived. I needed a refill because I definitely wouldn't be without it now
I have used this piece of equipment throughout the NZ winter of 2014. I bought it specifically to fly out to NZ for the season.
1. Air travel. I travelled through Heathrow, Dubai, Bangkok, Australia and then onto NZ. I carried the cartridge as hand luggage and carried the Airline's own regulations with it to get me through each stage (I didn't want to risk it being removed from my hold luggage). It took extra time at each location (up to 1 hour) to get through security but was ultimately successful. I did have an interesting time trying to explain what 'snow' was to the nice people in Bangkok; saying it was 'like a lifejacket for snow' eventually seemed to work!
2. Weight. Very light compared with the refillable cylinder.
3. Size. Significantly smaller than the refillable cylinder which is especially important if you are out in the deep back country and need ever cubic cm of space in the bag!
4. Gauging pressure. Despite it not having a pressure gauge, you can do this by weighing it. Although it is slightly more involved, it works fine and help keeps the weight down.
1. Price. Ouch.
2. USA. Although I haven't specifically tried, I don't think that I'd get this through US airspace...in fact, due to the cost of it, I wouldn't even try and risk having it confiscated.
Free saver shipping for orders over £30, otherwise £1.95
Next Working Day £4.95
We offer a range of great value delivery options including free European shipping. More...
Earn Great Discounts with our Reward Scheme
Earn Facewest reward credits on your order worth 5% of the order total. These can be redeemed off any future purchases. More...
One of the UK's most trusted Outdoor Retailers
Over 1000 reviews and a 99% rating from Google Reviews. More...
£94.50 Saving 10%
Lightweight carbon canister for Mammut/Snowpulse airbags. 310g